Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

Vintage Veronica by Erica S. Perl

publishing date: March 9, 2010
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Goodreads | Amazon

Veronica Walsh is 15, fashion-minded, fat, and friendless. Her summer job in the Consignment Corner section (Employees Only!) of a vintage clothing store is a dream come true. There Veronica can spend her days separating the one-of-a-kind gem garments from the Dollar-a-Pound duds, without having to deal with people. But when two outrageous yet charismatic salesgirls befriend her and urge her to spy on and follow the mysterious and awkward stock boy Veronica has nicknamed the Nail, Veronica’s summer takes a turn for the weird. Suddenly, what began as a prank turns into something else entirely. Which means Veronica may have to come out of hiding and follow something even riskier for the first time: her heart.

Now does that not sound cute, or what? I actually really like the name Veronica (might be my love for Archie comics) and I LOVE that she works at a vintage fashion store. I'm very jealous- that would be such a neat job, second only to working at a bookstore. I'm curious about how bad this prank gets, and also Veronica growing up and learning.

Plus, that cover is adorable. Minus the skirt of the dress though. It reminds me too much of a sea creature or poof that you use in the shower.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

11 comments:

  1. Looks really cute! I'll have to add this to my TBR list (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome cover!!! Adding it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! It sounds totally cute. I love that she works at a vintage clothing store--how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really does look like a loofah (the bath sponge)!

    The premise sounds cute though, also love your Archie reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I wasn't a Librarian, I'd totally go for Veronica's job! Sounds really cute & intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that u link it to goodreads! I'm going to copy you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a fun book, and the cover is just so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds cute, the cover *is* cute... and yep, I love the name Veronica too. (probably more to do with Veronica's Closet than Archie, but still...)

    I also like that the summary describes her as fat. I like when characters aren't just the model-looking-but-they-don't-know-it type.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a cute book - I love the cover as well, and the thought of working in a vintage any store sounds like fun to me!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter