Monday, August 24, 2009

Review by Lauren - The Treasure Map of Boys

The Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart

Ruby is back at Tate Prep, and it’s her thirty-seventh week in the state of Noboyfriend. Her panic attacks are bad, her love life is even worse, and what’s more:

Noel is writing her notes, Jackson is giving her frogs, Gideon is helping her cook, and Finn is making her brownies.

Rumors are flying, and Ruby’s already-sucky reputation is heading downhill. Not only that, she’s also: running a bake sale, learning the secrets of heavymetal therapy, encountering some seriously smelly feet, defending the rights of pygmy goats, and bodyguarding Noel from unwanted advances.

In this companion novel to The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book, Ruby struggles to secure some sort of mental health, to understand what constitutes a real friendship, and to find true love—if such a thing exists.


I love Ruby Oliver. (and Noel)

That's about all I've got. Last summer, I decided to read all of E. Lockhart's books (which meant rereading the Boyfriend List), and fell in love. With all of her stuff. So, when I arrived at the library to pick up my weekly bucketload of books, I nearly wet myself when I discovered this on the holds shelf. Alex doesn't completely agree with my insane love for Ruby, but that's cool. Her life is simply so messed up and you have to feel so bad for her - Ruby's, not Alex's lol. I can definitely see things from everyone who hates her's perspective - she did some pretty stupid things - but it all seems so justifiable and completely unfair. Just one thing after another.

Once again, Ruby screws her life over, has at least 10 panic attacks, and manages to lose more friends. Thankfully, this one ends on a pretty optimistic note, which is driving me insane with longing for a sequel. I really enjoyed The Treasure Map of Boys, and if you haven't managed to read The Boyfriend List or The Boy Book, go get them. They're light, entertaining, funny - overall, very enjoyable! :)

5 (and a half - but we don't have half shelves really, so I'm inventing one) /6

Just imagine half of that empty shelf is full...














♥ Lauren

5 comments:

  1. i loved this book!
    i'm going to meet Emily at a signing in September and i'm so excited!

    ~robby
    ps- i nominated you for an award on my blog!, because you two are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read this series. I loved The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, so I definitely want to read something else by E. Lockhart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my shelf and I stare longingly at it (but I have to many other books to read). Augh! I love Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Boyfriend List, but haven't read the others. I'll have to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this series. I have The Boyfriend List, but haven't read it yet. I love the cover for this one, though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter