Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thunks (5)



1. Hypothetical question- you are in a building with famous works of art, old manuscripts of famous novels, and original sheet music from famous composers. The building is on fire and looks to be completely destroyed. Do you grab any of the famous works before fleeing, and if so what?
Alex: Hmmm... I don't know. Maybe. If I knew I had some time, I would. Which works, I don't know. The most precious and expensive ones I guess. I could then sell them for a really high price. But I'd save myself over any work.
Lauren: Whatever's closest.

2. In August 1969, the Manson family went on a 2 night killing spree. Do you think 40 years later they have paid for their crimes?
Alex: I have no idea. Is that an actual fact? What has happened to them in the 40 years? If they've gone to prison, have been punished, and now actually feel guilty, then I say maybe. But no one can ever truely pay for their crimes. Not 100%.
Lauren: Meaning Charles Manson? And he killed the director's wife? I really don't think they have. aaaand if this has nothing to do with charles manson, then my answer is still yes.

3. Power Outage! What's the longest you have been without power?

Alex: Uhhhh... a while? I remember one summer where there wasn't any power for like a week. It was boiling hot, and there was no air conditioning. I slept in the cool basement.
Lauren: I think that's when I was out on the East Coast ha. We got back and had to throw out all out meat. Probably like a day.

4. Just bought a new tazer gun. Will you let it be tested it on you to see if it works, and how it feels to be tazered?
Alex: Ick, no way. I am not into pain. Not a masochist.
Lauren: Um... no.

5. A neighbor's mail was delivered to you. In it is a magazine not wrapped in plastic. Is it ok for you to flip through it before giving it to the neighbor? Do you tell them you looked through it?

Alex: I wouldn't. Unless it's a magazine that looks interesting... no, no I wouldn't. I would just look at the magazine in the store if I wanted to flip through it. So I'd just give the mail to my neighbor like a good, minding-her-own-business girl.
Lauren: Depends on the magazine. Reader's Digest? No... Vogue? Sure.

6. If I went through your purse/wallet right now, what all would I find in there?

Alex: In my wallet, you would find various cards, such as my SPC card, Famous Players card, library card etc. Something like a 20$ bill. Some change. My hideous student ID card. My purse, on the other hand, is filled with everything. It has lip chap, mirror/hairbrush, book, allergy medication + epipen, keys, wallet, some squished up granola bar and candy, scrap pieces of paper, a pencil.
Lauren: Gift cards, I just wiped out about two pounds of receipts. Some change, a hideous drivers liscense... cards? Oh and my purse... Burt's Bees, sunglasses, Aerie underwear coupon :):)

7. Have you been living under a rock?
Alex: I don't believe so. Perhaps some metaphorical rock though?
Lauren:

8. Tell us something crazy you did this week.
Alex: I took Driver's Ed and lived.
Lauren: Did nothing because Alex was in Driver's Ed and lived.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your answers for this meme! They're always hilarious--in a good way. :D

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter