Thursday, August 20, 2009

Review by Lauren - The Comeback

Sophie Donnelly is one half of the most popular and powerful couple in school, until new girl Angie Vogel shows up and compromises everything. Angie steals Sophie’s starring role in the school play, and, worse, her super-popular boyfriend. Sophie has been quickly dispatched to social Siberia, but not for long —she’ll do anything it takes to make a triumphant comeback. From the author of the witty, romantic novel Love in the Corner Pocket comes a story about high school royalty and what it takes to stay on the throne.

I did enjoy The Comeback. I spent a lot of time today and yesterday longing to get back to it and finish. It's a story about Sophie - and I will admit, she is a total bitch - as she loses everything and tries to regain it. And I will admit, she pissed me off. She was cruel and desperate but you just can't help but sympathize with her. I mean, it's got to suck and I'm just thankful that she realises what an awful person she is (mostly thanks to her best friend) and in the end, generally seems to feel remorse for all the stupid things she did.

Plus, it has a cute guy :)

Not long, I know, but I don't have much to say on the subject. I enjoyed it and it was a nice light read.

4/6















Lauren

7 comments:

  1. I love it when the bitchy characters lose everything xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just love bitchy characters! lol. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised when I saw how short this was. It does look cute though. Really want to read. Nice review (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review - you hit the major highlights and gave me enough information to know that this probably isn't for me. But isn't that cover gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover on the book but I'll think I'll pass since she's a bitch the entire time. You have an award on my blog: http://theobsessivereader-rachel.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-am-horrible-at-giving-out-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read this book! :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  7. The list of 'books to read' just keeps getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter