Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

I actually found out about this author and book from my previous WoW post! So think of this as a bit of a continuation. ;)

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
(No cover again. Gosh darnit.)
Publishing date: Fall 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen
author site / author blog / author twitter

book description:
Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated.

Now, doesn't that sound so interesting? I do get tired of paranormal after a while, where everything seems to blend together, but Paranormalcy sounds different. I mean, there's actually and agency to contain paranormals! Sounds like there's a mystery in there too. :D No one wants a world that's normal! How boring. Gotta add a little spice and paranormals. ;)

Paranormalcy sounds just a little bit like Wake by Lisa Mann. Just a wee bit. (I think this is the influence of Coffeehouse Angel... xD) That the heroines use their powers to do something for the governement/agency/police/whatever. Society maybe? Anyway. That is a very good thing because I love the Wake series.

And I also like the name Evie. A mix between the pokemon and V for Vendetta?

2010 better come soon! :D

- Alex

5 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of this one! I heard about it a few weeks ago, and put it on my wishlist. Another great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of an adult novel I reviewed, Monster. But this one sounds quite interesting! I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good. I hadn't heard of this before. Excited to see what the cover will look like!
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one, too! Might not see a cover for a few months, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks!! It's still so thrilling for me when people are excited : )

    I, too, am very excited to see what the cover will look like...

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter