(no cover. D:)
tenner bio / author website / author Twitter
publishing date: no clue. Sometime during 2010
A very short synopsis of the novel:
It's about a girl. It's about a boy. It's about Parisian boarding school, almond-scented macarons, famous cemeteries, and cinemaphiles. It's about heartache. And it's about true love.
And I found some facts about the book, taken from the author's website!
(1) It's a young adult novel.
(2) Hopefully it has some funny bits.
(3) There is kissing. Of course.
(4) Most of it takes place in Paris.
(5) There is an HBM.* (Well, more like an HBM plus.)
(6) It’s called Anna and the Boy Masterpiece.
(7) It's contemporary and realistic. In other words, no vampires or magic. Or magic vampires.
(8) It's set in a boarding school.
(9) It wasn't (originally) intentional, but several important scenes occur on stairs. Though I shouldn't have been surprised when it happened, because the inspiration for the entire story came from a dream (ack, yes) in which I saw a beautiful boy sitting . . . on the steps of a semi-famous monument.
These steps. This monument.
(10) The main character's name is Anna Oliphant.
The Boy Masterpiece himself remains — for now — a secret. But a good one, I promise! And I don't mean a secret like he's a werewolf (see #7, above). He's a secret, because I'm in love with him, and I'm still greedy and protective.
AND there's going to be a companionship novel, Lola and the Boy Next Door.
Now, there's not a lot to go on. And I believe the novel is still in revision. But but, look at the synopsis! It takes place in a boarding school. I love boarding schools! And Paris sounds so beautiful. It's a love story without any paranormal too. I am in want of a good contemporary read. And well... it just sounds great! :D