Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (21)

Happyface by Stephen Emond
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Publishing date: March 1st 2010
Goodreads ][ Amazon

Enter Happyface's journal and get a peek into the life of a shy, artistic boy who decides to reinvent himself as a happy-go-lucky guy after he moves to a new town. See the world through his hilariously self-deprecating eyes as he learns to shed his comic-book-loving, computer-game playing ways. Join him as he makes new friends, tries to hide from his past, and ultimately learns to face the world with a genuine smile. With a fresh and funny combination of text and fully integrated art, Happyface is an original storytelling experience.

Hailed to be like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but for teens, Happy Face sounds like a fun loving, finding oneself contemporary read. I haven't read much of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, besides a couple pages, but I can see why it's so appealing to young ones. Happy Face sounds like the kind of novel that will get teens to read, but also interest those who read a lot. Like me!

Plus who can resist a cover that's bright yellow with a bold smiley face?

- Alex

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I think I'm going to read this :) I always loove reading journals, hehe. LOVE the cover, too. Simple but it catches my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks super cute. I love the cover, it is just so happy looking! And bright! I love bright book covers, they just make me want to read books more. Great pick!

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cover! I gave you girls an award at my blog here: http://anaddictedbookreader.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award.html! You deserve it : )

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter