Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mix by Lauren - Would You Take Me There?


a mix I made about travelling
a couple songs aren't really
but only sortof.






Colorado Sunrise - 3OH!3

Hold you through the night and watch that Colorado sunrise


M79 - Vampire Weekend

It's going to take a little time
While you're waiting like a factory line
I'll ride across the park
Backseat on the 79



Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie

And I do believe it's true
That there are roads left in both of our shoes
And if the silence takes you
Then I hope it takes me too


Australia - The Shins

I felt like I could just fly
But nothing happens every time I try


On the Radio - Regina Spektor

And all the Styrofoam
Began to melt away
We tried to find some words
To aid in the decay


West Coast - Coconut Records

And I miss you
I'm going back home to the west coast
And I wish you
Would have put yourself in my suitcase


Chicago - Sufjan Stevens

If I was crying
In the van with my friend
It was for freedom
For myself and for the land



The Seaside - The Kooks

Do you want to go to the seaside?
I'm not trying to say that everybody wants to go
But I fell in love on the seaside
On the seaside
In the seaside


Summer Day - Coconut Records ft. Zooey Deschanel

If it’s a summer day
With not a cloud in sight
Then tell me why
It feels like it might
Rain on me



Mykonos - Fleet Foxes

Brother you don't need to turn me away
I was waiting down at the ancient gates

You go
Wherever you go today
You go today


Heart - Stars

You get back on the latest flight to paradise
I found out, from a note taped to the door
I think I saw your airplane in the sky tonight
Through my window, lying on the kitchen floor


Hometown Glory - ADELE

I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides


New York - Cat Power

These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it
New York, New York



Dust in the Wind - Kansas

Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy


The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel

Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
And we don't know where.


Manhattan Skyline - Kings of Convenience

So I read to myself
A chance of a lifetime to see new horizons
On the front page a black and white picture of
Manhattan Skyline


image credit

1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo. Guess who's downloading all these songs? XD
    - Alex

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter