Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (28)

Oh, it's been a while, hasn't it? Since I've done a WoW, that is.

Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman
Release Date: September 28, 2010
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Description:
On the surface, Emily Meckler leads the perfect life. She has three best friends, two loving parents, and the ideal setup at the Connecticut prep school where her father is the headmaster. But Emily also suffers from devastating nightmares about fire and water, and nobody knows why. Then the enigmatic Del Sugar enters her life, and Emily is immediately swept away—but her passionate relationship with Del is just the first of many things that aren't quite what they seem in Emily's life. As the lies she's been told start to unravel, Emily must set out to discover the truth regarding her nightmare; on a journey that will lead her to question everything she thought she knew about love, family, and her own idyllic past.

This companion novel to Warman's critically acclaimed Breathless proves that sometimes the biggest lies are told to the people you love the most.


I'm not too sure if this is paranormal. I haven't read Breathless but as far as I know, it isn't. The description sounds like Where the Truth Lies could be paranormal, but I don't think so. Which would make it all the better- suspense and mystery without anything normal seems like a breathe of fresh air to me.

And I love the title. Where the Truth Lies. It does sound very similar to Wherever Nina Lies and And then I Found Out the Truth, but it's a similarity I really, really like. Titles that are phrases are so... [insert perfect adjective here]. Love.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

What are you all waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I do like the title of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my shelf now!! I can't wait to read it! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of this one, though I need to read Breathless first, I think. Just 'cause this is a companion type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. Beautiful title and cover.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter