Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vlog: Our Favorite Fantasy Novels

Hey everyone! With the creation of our brand new YouTube account, aflightofminds, Alex & I have decided to start an installment of vlogs in which we discuss some of our favorite novels from variety of genres, starting with our all-time favorite - fantasy.





Mentioned:
Fire (review 1 and review 2) by Kristin Cashore
Finnikin of the Rock (review 1 and review 2) by Melina Marchetta
The Hunger Games (review) by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire (review 1 and review 2) by Suzanne Collins
Tamora Pierce's novels
Eragon series by Christopher Paolini

Let us know what you think of the fantasy genre! What are your favorite fantasy novels?

Also, how do you pronounce all these names?

&




Next installment? A vlog on the sci-fi genre. (Us, nerds? What are you talking about...)

5 comments:

  1. Cute vlog! Personally, I love the fantasy genre and it great to see you guys talking about it. My favorite fantasy novel at the moment is Brightly Woven. Amazing, amazing novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Finnikin of the Rock (Marchetta is writing a novel about Froi, 3 years after FotR), Graceling, and Fire! :D I haven't read the others though.

    I read at The Story Siren blog that meme rhymes with theme. I didn't know that either. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you girls are great. XD I also like Collins' and Cashore's books. I'll have to check out Finnikin of the Rock. A lot of people seem to like it. :)

    -Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys - it's great to actually see you! *waves* Nice vlog & great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fantasy if I could only read one genre for the rest of my life it would be fantasy. I love Tamora Pierce's books they're so good. I have yet to read the Immortals quartet but I definitely will. I've read one quartet in the circle universe and I think that they're more for males whereas the Tortall universe seems better suited for females. As for Graceling, that is the best fantasy novel I read last year. As for the lord of the rings, I've read the hobbit and completely loved it. The Lord of the rings were really slow going it took me 2 weeks to read each book but I thought they were pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything! We'd love to hear what you think. :)

 
Site Meter